I always love seeing what pieces of content people are enjoying – mainly their daily reads. While blogs may not be as prevalent as they used to be, I still enjoy the ritual of scrolling through articles and reading the ones that stand out. One of my goals for 2020 was to be more intentional with content I consume – I want to take in more interesting, informative pieces of text.
I thought today would be ideal to share some (of many) favourites that I often visit for insightful reading or a dose of inspo.
Bustle: I really love their celebrity pieces that often allow for different takes on how we know interviews to be – they really focus on the empowerment, deeper topics which I appreciate. I also really love their lifestyle pieces. Some recent faves are listed below:
- Podcasts vs Music and how they affect your brain
- Aidy Bryant is Just Like You – But Better
- Meet Apple Music Beat 1’s Rebecca Judd
The Atlantic: After whichever article I read, I come out feeling a little more wiser than I was before. I like their mix of world news, thought pieces and relevant work, lifestyle and entertainment pieces – it’s a balance of everything you need.
- Corporate Buzzwords are How Workers Pretend to Be Adults
- Where Everyone Goes When the Internet Breaks
- Mapping Wikipedia
- It Doesn’t Matter If Anyone Exists or Not
The Coveteur: always such interesting reads, but I truly love their celebrity pieces – mainly their interviews. I love a good profile and one-on-one article, it’s some of my favourite things to read when the interviewer offers unique insight on their subject.
- Powerful Women in Powerful Outfits
- 60 Seconds with Christina Hendricks
- 88Rising is Giving Asian Musicians the Representation they Deserve
I think I’ll be collecting more links and sharing them more often here (as well as on Twitter, obviously). This will be helping me with my goal to be more intentional with the content I consume!